This is the place to report bugs and get support. When posting in this forum, please always provide as much detail as possible.
Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum, do not report it as a bug.
When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:
1. On /Admin/ModuleDefinitionSettings.aspx "edit" icon is not shown. As I can seein the resulting html, it links to "/Data/SiteImages/pencil.gif", so when the portal is not located in the root directory of the site (it's my case, I have localhost/mojoportal_dev on my computer) it is not displayed.
2. May be, it's the result of the first one: when clicking on the edit message on the same page (alt is displayed instead of the link) in FireFox, nothing happens. In IE7 it works.
3. Just wondering, why did you replace the "edit" icon used on all the similar pages with a simple "Edit" link?
P.S. The same issue as 1 is with "edit settings" icon on /Admin/ContentManager.aspx page.
1. Thanks, I fixed this and will commit to svn soon.
2. After fixing 1 I don't see this, let me know
3. Previously implementation was only doing postback then redirect which was uneeded extra request, better to just link.
1, 2. It works now.
3. I was missunderstood. I meant the replacement of an icon to the text (and removing the "delete" icon). I agree that link is better than a postback that redirects to the same link in this case.
4. "edit settings" icon on /Admin/ContentManager.aspx page still has the same problem.
3. I did not remove the image, its just showing the alt text because the image url was incorrect like in the other places. These image problems were caused by changes I made to support multi sites based on folder instead of hosts but I have figured out how to make it work correctly in both scenarios now. I don't recall removing the delete icon, are you sure there was one there before? In any case, delete function exists on ModuleDefinitions.aspx.
I will have the fix for this and #4 in svn shortly.
Sorry for not responding so long. Now I am back.
As for images, they are shown correctly now.
As for the delete button. I am not sure it was there, but I just look on similar "admin" pages":
/RoleManager.aspx has 2 icons (edit, delete)
/UrlManager.aspx has the same 2 icons in the list
So, maybe it would be better to make this page similar: the list with 2 icons in the left, edit and delete.
One more design/usability moment. 2 different links from the list ("Edit" and "Settings") seem confusing to one who sees it for the first time. IMHO it would be nice either to just remove "Settings" link from the list or make /Admin/ModuleDefinitions.aspx and /Admin/ModuleDefinitionSettings.aspx the same page. In that case all the information about the feature module will be viwable and editable on one screen (as there isn't much of it).