Form Wizard Pro enables you to create custom forms and surveys in your mojoPortal site. Our drag and drop form/survey designer makes it easy. For a guided tour of Form Wizard Pro, please click the Demo Videos tab. You can also try it out yourself
on our demo site demo.mojoportal.com
Available licenses: Single Installation License,
Server License or
Features at a Glance
- Easily design forms and surveys with Text, Paragraph, Multiple Choice (radio buttons), Checkboxes, dropdown lists, Date, or sliding scale question types.
- Re-arrange questions using drag and drop.
- Support for up to 4 files to be uploaded as part of the form submission.
- Support for implementing custom form submission handlers.
- Import and export complete form/survey definitions with questions.
- Import and export individual questions.
- Insert additional instruction text anywhere among the questions.
- Regular Expressions validation of Text questions.
- Custom CSS Classes per question for flexible layout
- Option to receive email notifications when a form is submitted.
- Export form submission data to .csv (Comma Separated Values) for analysis in Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
- Browse form/survey submissions as a grid or one by one.
- Optional Captcha to prevent spam submissions by automated bots.
- Easily track form submissions in Google Analytics
First, you need a web site running the free open sopen-sourceortal software (version 126.96.36.199 or higher hosted in ASP.NET 4.5) using MS SQL 2005/2008/SqlAzure, SQL CE, MySql, PostgreSql, Firebird SQL, or SQLite for the database. You should get your
site working before you buy the Form Wizard Pro Feature. For information on setting up a mojoPortal site, see mojoPortal Installation. If you need an older version of Form Wizard Pro, contact us.
After purchasing Form Wizard Pro, download the .zip file to your local machine and using an FTP Client like FileZilla, copy the contents of the wwwroot folder into the root folder of your mojoPortal web site. Then visit http://yoursiteroot/Setup/Default.aspx
to complete the installation of Form Wizard Pro. If your skin does not already have a styleformwizard.css file, you should also copy the contents of the css folder into your skin and add this to your style.config file if it does not already have it
<file>styleformwizard.css</file>. You may need to tweak the colors in the css file to match your skin, though it should look right in most skins out of the box.
- 0.0.0.2 - Initial Release 2008-09-29
- 0.0.0.3 - 2008-11-24 added validation summary to bottom of form so if the form is long the user knows more easily what is required even if the required items are at the top. added additional css classes to make it easier to style different question
- 0.0.0.4 - 2009-02-26 fixed bug where exported form submission had incorrect form submit date
- 0.0.0.4-b 2009-03-12 added support for SQLite
- 0.0.0.4-c 2009-03-14 added support for PostgreSql
- 0.0.0.4-d 2009-03-21 fixed an html vHTMLation issue in the form designer and added error handling for slider questions
- 0.0.0.4-e 2009-05-19 added the full editor toolbar for editing the instructions and thank you message so you can add images
- 0.0.0.5 2009-06-17 compatibility update for mojoPortal 188.8.131.52
- 0.0.0.6 2009-09-12 added setting to prevalidate the form, added css hooks to syle required fileds differently, fixed an issue with email format
- 0.0.0.7 2009-10-03 fixed issue where DatePicker was not localized to the site culture
- 0.0.0.8 2009-10-09 added Single Checkbox question type
- 0.0.0.9 2009-10-15 fixed bug in multiple choice question type
- 0.0.1.0 2009-12-01 added support for SqlAzure and Firebird Sql, fixed bug where making a radio button question required did not work, added a grid to view results in a web page, added a way to export and delete orphan submissions created when the form
is completely changed after receiving submissions. Added the page url in notification email and added a setting for a tracking url for tracking form submits in google analytics.
- 0.0.1.5 2010-02-04 added support for multi page forms aka surveys, added import and export of form definitions and individual questions, added submissions browser, added BCC email notification and ability to create a pick list of emails to receive
the form notification, added the ability to use regular expression validation on TextBox questions, added Instruction Block psuedo question type to allow adding instructions anywhere in the form.
- 0.0.1.6 2010-02-22 compatibility updates for mojoPortal 184.108.40.206 and minor bug fix
- 0.0.1.7 2010-06-03 compatibility update for mojoPortal 220.127.116.11, includes builds for both .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0, fixed bug where incorrect redirect would happen after importing a form definition if the site was running in a virtual directory instead
of a root level site, added option to use regular expression validation on date questions, added a setting for a custom CSS class so forms can be styled differently from CSS.
- 0.0.1.8 2010-06-18 updated to use the newer version of AjaxControlToolkit for compatibility with the latest version of mojoPortal
- 0.0.1.9 2010-06-29 fixed bug where yes/no question caused a script error. Added skinid to CheckBoxList so it can be configured from theme.skin separate from other CheckBoxLists. Added Export to Word for submission results.
- 0.0.2.1 added support for SQL CE database, consolidated support for SqlAzure into the MS SQL data layer
- 0.0.2.2 released 2010-12-03 fixed bug where the back button did not save data on a multi-page form. fixed bug where when using a choice of email addresses with aliases, it was sending notifications to all the addresses rather than just the selected
- 0.0.2.3 released 2011-01-27 - compatibility update for mojoPortal 18.104.22.168 which uses a new version of NeatUpload and Form Wizard must use the same version
- 0.0.2.4 released 2011-03-30 - compatibility update for mojoPortal 22.214.171.124, and fixed a bug where deleting submissions in one form instance could cause orphaned responses in other instances.
- 126.96.36.199 released 2011-05-12 - add support for file uploads, custom from submission event handlers, per question custom CSS classes
- 188.8.131.52 released 2011-06-21 - fixed email notification bug introduced in version 2.6, compatibility updates for mojoPortal 184.108.40.206
- 220.127.116.11 released 2011-07-12 - compatibility updates for mojoPortal18.104.22.168 and Mobile Kit Pro version 1
- 22.214.171.124 released 2011-09-29 compatibility updates for mojoPortal 126.96.36.199, added new setting to make file uploads optional
- 188.8.131.52 released 2011-10-25 see release notes.
- 184.108.40.206 released 2012-01-26 fixed bug where if using a page specific skin, the correct skin was not used on the file upload page after filling out the form
- 220.127.116.11 released 2012-06-02 wrap submission browser in NeatHtml to prevent XSS. Add support for regex validation to textarea/paragraph questions.
- 18.104.22.168 released 2012-07-18 compatibility updates for mojoPortal 22.214.171.124, new Email question type and option to send email notification to the user email address(es). New Html Question type, new option to redirect to a custom URL after form completion
- 126.96.36.199 released 2012-10-12 added support for custom email templates, requires mojoPortal 188.8.131.52 or higher
- 184.108.40.206 released 2013-04-30 compatibility update for mojoPortal 220.127.116.11, requires mojoPortal 18.104.22.168 or higher
- 22.214.171.124 released 2013-07-29 compatibility update for mojoPortal 126.96.36.199 adds support for custom plain text email templates in addition to the previous support for HTML email
- 188.8.131.52 released 2013-09-20 added support for grouping items in dropdown list questions (HTML optgroup element is created). Requires mojoPortal 184.108.40.206 or higher. This release was subsequently patched on 2013-09-26 to fix a couple of bugs. The
only file that changed since the initial release of this version is sts.FormWizard.Web.UI.dll in the /bin folder. This release was patched on 2013-10-01 to fix a couple of minor bugs reported in this forum thread,
the only file that changed is sts.FormWizard,Web.UI.dll in the /bin folder.
- 220.127.116.11 released 2013-10-11, added 2 settings to enable showing the cms page left and right content on the file upload page to make it look more consistent with the page that has the form. Patched on 2013-10-17 to fix a bug in the .NET 3.5 version
of Form Wizard where file uploads were not working. The only changed file is the .NET 3.5 version of sts.FormWizard.dll.
- 18.104.22.168 released 2013-12-10, minor bug fix, custom submit button text was not used on the last page of a multi-page form
- 22.214.171.124 released 2014-01-10 fixed bug where question aliases were not saved separately from question text when enabled.
- 126.96.36.199 released 2014-04-22 fixed bug where export/import of individual list questions lost group names for grouped items. Requires mojoPortal 188.8.131.52 or higher because the email question type depends on the new EmailValidator control in mojoPortal
- 184.108.40.206 released 2014-05-27 increased the size of the per question CSS class field from 20 to 100 characters, added settings to include UserGuid and ResponseSetGuid in submission data export. added a setting to make a submission anonymous even when
a user is signed in (ie it doesn't capture the UserGuid if this is enabled).
- 220.127.116.11 released 2014-07-18 compatibility for mojoPortal 18.104.22.168 and .NET 4.5
- 22.214.171.124 released 2014-12-02 compatibility for mojoPortal 126.96.36.199
- 188.8.131.52 released 2014-12-18 compatibility for mojoPortal 184.108.40.206
- 220.127.116.11 released 2015-04-29 compatibility for mojoPortal 18.104.22.168
- 22.214.171.124 released 2016-04-10 compatibility for mojoPortal 126.96.36.199