The FileBrowserTextBoxExtender control is a useful control for allowing users to find URLs (of images, documents, etc) on their mojoPortal installation to put into a TextBox control. The user can still type in a URL or path on their own, but this makes it much easier to find a specific file. Because the control opens the standard mojoPortal file browser (the same one used in the WYSIWYG editors), a user can also upload a new file and select it for use in the TextBox.
- BrowserType: Sets the type of file browser. Valid options are image, media, file, and folder.
- Folder is useful if you have a module setting for instance that sets a media path
- Text: The text of the link. Eg. "Browse..."
- ToolTip: The text of the tooltip (could be same as or different from text, above). Eg. "Browse files..."
- TextBoxClientId: NOTE: This must be set in code (cannot be in the markup). This is the client id ("ctl00$mainContent$txtImageUrl") of the TextBox control with which the FileBrowserTextBoxExtender is associated. See example below.
<asp:TextBox ID="txtImageUrl" runat="server" CssClass="forminput widetextbox" />
<portal:FileBrowserTextBoxExtender ID="browseImage" runat="server" BrowserType="image" />
browseImage.Text = xResources.AdminFormBrowse;
browseImage.ToolTip = xResources.AdminFormBrowse;
browseImage.TextBoxClientId = txtImageUrl.ClientID;