Error when adding new security role

This is the place to report bugs and get support. When posting in this forum, please always provide as much detail as possible.

Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum, do not report it as a bug.

This is the place to report bugs and get support

When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:

  • What operating system were you running when the bug appeared?
  • What database platform is your site using?
  • What version of mojoPortal are you running?
  • What version of .NET do you use?
  • What steps are necessary to reproduce the issue? Compare expected results vs actual results.
Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum.
This thread is closed to new posts. You must sign in to post in the forums.
6/28/2005 2:06:19 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 45

Error when adding new security role

When adding a new security role, I get the following message:

ERROR: 23502: null value in column "displayname" violates not-null constraint

I am using 20050625-mojoportal-PostgreSQLBinaries.zip on a Debian Linux server at GrokThis.net.  I will be switching back over to svn shortly so I can help find solutions to the bugs I find.

I noticed that it does the same at http://demo.mojoportal.com

6/28/2005 3:45:08 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18444

Re: Error when adding new security role

Hi Todd,

I fixed this tonight, it required a change in the stored procedure script and in the mojoPortal.Data.dll . I can send you a zip if you like. I'm going to commit the changes to svn right now but the current svn version has a partial implementation of the search feature I'm working on. It doesn't work yet. If you compeile the svn version though, you should be able to just run the stored proc script and replace the mojoPortal.Data.dll in your site.

There is also a change in the Admin/Roles.ascx to make it show the display name of the role instead of the role name. The role name never changes, but the display name can be changed.

I also fixed the calendar day view problem mentioned in a different post, that fix is also just in the stored procs and data dll

A couple other bug fixes for the stored procs are coming as soon as I get the patches from Dean for the other 2 bugs he found.

This site is also hosted at grokthis but uses the MySQL db otherwise I would have caught these bugs sooner

Thanks,

Joe
6/29/2005 6:00:11 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 45

Re: Error when adding new security role

Thanks for the quick fix and the detailed reply.  I will use the svn version and recompile.  No need for the zip file.

Dean set the bar high for bug reporting.  Once I get a little more familiar with the code, hopefully I can step up to his level of bug reporting.

I will have a few sites to add to your "mojo Sites" page sometime within the next week.

6/29/2005 2:32:05 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18444

Re: Error when adding new security role

Cool, always looking for more sites to list
You must sign in to post in the forums. This thread is closed to new posts.