Small HTML issue with "Tweet This" in blog

This is the place to report bugs and get support. When posting in this forum, please always provide as much detail as possible.

Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum, do not report it as a bug.

This is the place to report bugs and get support

When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:

  • What operating system were you running when the bug appeared?
  • What database platform is your site using?
  • What version of mojoPortal are you running?
  • What version of .NET do you use?
  • What steps are necessary to reproduce the issue? Compare expected results vs actual results.
Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum.
This thread is closed to new posts. You must sign in to post in the forums.
1/15/2014 10:53:37 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 1204
Proud member of the mojoPortal team

Help support mojoPortal!
Add-on modules

Small HTML issue with "Tweet This" in blog

Hi Joe, in analyzing our site, I found that when "Tweet This" is enabled in the blog, and the blog post title includes double quotes, they are not being escaped in the data-text generated code for the Tweet This widget. Instead you get something like this:

<a class="twitter-share-button" title="Tweet This" href="http://twitter.com/share" data-url="https://demo.mojoportal.com/test-with-double-quotes" data-text="Test with "double quotes"" data-count="horizontal">Tweet</a>

I'm not sure if the title double quotes interfere with anything else, I just happened to see the Tweet This issue.

Jamie

1/15/2014 11:20:09 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18439

Re: Small HTML issue with "Tweet This" in blog

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the bug report. I just fixed this in my copy by using HttpUtility.HtmlAttributeEncode() around the title. So this will be fixed in the source code repository later today and in the coming release.

Best,

Joe

You must sign in to post in the forums. This thread is closed to new posts.