I'm pretty confident that the fix for the mangled content is really fixed.
I will patch the release but I'd like to try to solve some of the other issues with it first.
Before I looked into that one I briefly looked into the problem with worklfow editing a draft. That one has not been possible for me to reproduce it reliably yet. I've definitely had it happen but when I try to debug it always works correctly so far. Could you check that one on the demo site and see if it possibly could have been fixed as a side affect to the other fix?
I also want to try again to solve the issue about it not saving if you click the lock immediately after editing before I put out a patch.
It would be nice if I can find a good solution for the edit toggle squirrely positioning. I'm using the new jqueryui position method to put it at the top left corner (I've tried other positioning as well) but it is definitely not behaving in any consistently. I was trying to use it with the jqueryui icon but I may have to find something else. I have also tried putting it in the same place as the other edit icons without using jqueryui.position but just using the jqyuerui icon but it always seems to force a line wrap in the heading and if I try to override it to display:inline or inline-block to fix that it breaks the jqueryui icon for some weird reason. Right now I'm leaning toward putting it in the heading with the other icons and just find some other icon to use.
Edit: corrected the link and text I meant jqueryui position not jquery.position.