I'm happy to announce the release of mojoPortal 22.214.171.124, available now on our download page.
A new Control for Nivo Slider
Thanks to Matt Wilkinson who contributed a control that makes it easy to use Nivo Slider, a jQuery widget that does fancy slide show transistions. This control can be used in layout.master or in custom features. You basically add the control and point it to a folder that has images for the slide show. The images in the folder must all be the same size, and you must specify the width of the images on the control, so example usage is like this:
<portal:NivoSlider ID="NivoSlider1" runat="server" ImageFolder='~/Data/Sites/1/nivoimages' ImageWidth='618px' />
Then you also need to add one of these included skins for Nivo Slider to the style.config file of your skin:
<file cssvpath="/Data/style/nivoslider/default/default.css" imagebasevpath="/Data/style/nivoslider/default/">none</file>
<file cssvpath="/Data/style/nivoslider/orman/orman.css" imagebasevpath="/Data/style/nivoslider/orman/">none</file>
or you can copy and rename one of those and modify it as you like.
A new QRCodeImage control
QR Codes are often used in printed materials to encode an url for a web page. There are apps for most smart phones and tablets that can scan the QR Code and navigate to the web page. We've added this control in the "PrinterFriendly" skin so that if people print a page on your site using the printer friendly view a QR Code will be included at the bottom automatically.
Since we don't update the skins in the site specific folders during upgrades you may want to copy the new version of the printerfirendly skin from /Data/skins to /Data/Sites/[SiteID]/skins or you can add it directly to the layout.master of your copy like this:
<portal:QRCodeImage id="qr1" runat="server" AutoDetectPageUrl="true" />
You could also use this control in custom features, you can encode any text value, if you set AutoDetectUrl to false and add the attribute TextToEncode="Any text you want to encode as a QR Code" you could use it for other purposes. The control uses the google charts api to generate the QR code image so it can't work if you are offline or your site is on a private intranet with no access to the internet.
Lots of Little Improvements
There is a new section in Site Settings for Company Info as well as some convenience controls to make it easy to show company info in the footer of your site by embedding some new convenience controls in your layout.master file that will automatically pull in the compnay info from site settings. Examples:
<portal:OrganizationControl id="oc1" runat="server" /> will include the company info marked up with Schema.org Organization markup. There are also a few literal controls that can be used separately:
<portal:CompanyPhoneLiteral id="litPhone" runat="server" />
<portal:CompanyFaxLiteral id="litFax" runat="server" />
<portal:PublicEmail id="litEmail" runat="server" />
There is a new Site Created Event Handler Provider system (usage is yet to be documented), contributed by Joe Davis that allows you to plugin custom code that can execute when additional sites are created.
Blog Category list and Archive list views now use the same settings as the main post list so that they show full posts or excerpts in a paged list instead of just titles.
There is a new setting in Image Gallery to automatically start the colorbox slide show when the page loads.
In the html content feature users with full edit permission can now publish a draft without submitting it through the approval process.
Improved usability for user role management on manage user page.
Made role permissions UI in page settings consistent with module settings where the links are under the security tab for improved usability
Added support for content on the login page.
Added count of members to role list in role manager page
When using LDAP Authentication with fallback to database authentication it is now possible to allow the users with database accounts to login with their email address in addition to the loginname.
Added config settings to make it possible to control the cache duration for 301 redirects or to disable caching.
Restored previously removed support to use cache dependency files based on a config setting to support small web clusters with a shared drive, where dependency files are the easiest way to clear the cache on all the nodes that share the drive without having to use a distrubuted cache.
Added rel="next" and rel="prev" meta links on paged Forums and Lists features to improve the SEO of those features.
Added support for checkboxlist questions in custom user profile with example in comments in mojoProfile.config.
Upgraded from CKeditor 3.6.2 to 3.6.3
Upgraded from TinyMCE 3.4.7 to 3.4.9
Updated to newest version of jcarousel
Update to newer version of google data libraries
Added custom body css class on closed page to make it easier to style the closed page.
Removed un-needed css class from artisteer theme.skin files, was causing a problem in webstore layout where it did not use the full page width.
- fixed login, password recovery and registration issues when user exists but is flagged as deleted
- fixed bug in profileview.aspx where custom profile boolean properties were not showing the images for true or false
- fixed bug in PermissionEdit.aspx where All Users was not checked even if it was saved correctly in the database
- fixed incorrect parameter type for compiledmeta field in MySql data layer
- fixed bug in MySql data layer for database logging, incorrect parameter type
- fixed a bug in the blog where an auto-generated excerpt was being used in the post list even when explicitely created in the editor
- fixed bug in blog where detail view did not use the blogauthor override setting
- fixed bug in blog - option to show side pane content and top and bottom content should work in all blog supporting pages
- fixed bug where new user notification did not work in child sites when using related sites mode
- fixed a bug in the editors where the unsaved changes warning from spanish resources was causing CKeditor to not work at all and causing unsaved changes prompt to not work in TinyMCE
- fixed bug in SiteStatisiticsModule where it was hard coded to use 1 for the site id
- fixed bug in newsletter administration where paging did not work
- fixed bug in Flickr Gallery - don't specify a default size in flickr gallery script so it will not reduce image quality
- fixed bug - check for null on all paypal IPN paramaters in webstore
- fixed bug in webstore where media player was shown on offer detail page even when no teaser file was present
Follow us on twitter or become a fan on Facebook