I'm happy to announce the release of mojoPortal 22.214.171.124, available now on our download page.
The primary focus of this release is improvements to our newsletter. We have had a lot of consistent feedback from the community asking for Newsletter improvements and we were long overdue to complete this. The improvements made are as follows:
- Users can subscribe to Newsletters without registering on the site
- A Newsletter Sign Up feature has been implemented so that you can put it on any page(s) you like and configure it with various settings to control what is displayed. Since you can have as many newsletters as you like, the sign up can be configured to show a list where users can choose which newsletters they would like to receive, or you can not show the list and it just subscribes to the default newsletter, which is the first one in the list. If the user is not authenticated then a confirmation email is sent to confirm ownership of the email address.
- Each newsletter can be configured whether to opt in by default when a user registers on the site.
- Each newsletter can be configured whether to allow viewing previous editions as a web page. If your newsletter has compelling content, browsing previous newsletters may encourage more subscriptions.
- A progress bar so you can monitor progress as the newsletter is sent to the list.
Upgrade to TinyMCE 3.2.7
Upgrade to FCKeditor 2.6.5
Upgrade to CKeditor 3.0.1
Added more options to our TinyMCE configuration file, including setting for configuring the default language for the spelling checker. Added a new toolbar for the Newsletter editor since it has different needs than web page content. Fixed an issue where TinyMCE would remove iframes entered in html view.
Added an option in page settings for overriding the canonical url. This is mainly for use on your home page. Since it is the default page of the site it is visible using the url http://yoursiteroot/, http://yoursiteroot/Default.aspx, and http://yoursiteroot/home.aspx, by default it would make the canonical url use the generated friendly url for the page, in this example it would use http:/yoursiteroot/home.aspx, but you may prefer to have http://yoursiteroot/ a the canonical url so this override setting allows you to do that.
Added a separate setting in page settings for including a page in the search engine site map. Previously we used the same setting for the search engine site map as for the main user site map. For example you could create a page and then point it to http://www.gogle.com and it would be listed in the menu and site map the same as any other page, however, for the search engine site map, google webmaster tools would find this as an error in your site map. So we added a separate setting so you can easily exclude pages from the search engine site map if they are just pointers to external pages.
Updated Italian resource files form Diego Mora
Updated Persian resource files from Asad Samarian
New, French-Canadian resources thanks to Benoit Houle
Added a new setting under Site Settings > Permissions for "Users that can create root level pages".
Made it possible to disable the default database authentication if you want to use only Windows Live and/or OpenID
Added a config setting to exclude specific admin email addresses from site registration notifications and work flow notifications.
Other miscellaneous tweaks and bug fixes for things reported in the forums since the last release.
Follow us on twitter or become a fan on Facebook