This is the place to report bugs and get support. When posting in this forum, please always provide as much detail as possible.
Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum, do not report it as a bug.
When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:
When you add a link in the Links Module, if the URL contains an apostrophe it does not get converted to %27 and fails when you click on the link within Internet Explorer 6.I have an external link to a PDF file that I have no control over as far as the filename. The URL is similar to "\\someserver\somedir\O'Brian Golf.pdf" without the quotes. The apostrophe in the URL causes the file to never open. When testing with a similar file without the apostrophe, everything works just fine.
I tried this eariler and should have written it in my orginal post.When placing %27 in the URL string it will create the following invalid URL:file://someserver/somedir/O%2527Brian%20Golf.pdf
The % gets encoded to %25, so placing %27 in the URL string within the Links Module fails.
After searching on Google, I found this link and it may be helpful to understand and correct the problem: http://blog.steeleprice.net/archive/2004/07/13/365.aspx
The more I look at this problem, I see no real solution in getting this to work. I have typed numberous URL's into Internet Explorer 6 with no positive results. This also makes me believe it is not a problem with the Links Module, but a problem with the way Internet Explorer handles URL's. Apostrophes in URL's is like oil in water, it just doesn't mix well.
On the bright side, here is a topic that can be put into the documentation of the Links Module.
Under Firefox, it fails as well.
But that seems to have found another problem, I could not get any URL that used the file:// to work under Firefox. I tested an http:// URL and it works fine.