This forum is only for questions or discussions about working with the mojoPortal source code in Visual Studio, obtaining the source code from the repository, developing custom features, etc. If your question is not along these lines this is not the right forum. Please try to post your question in the appropriate forum.
Please do not post questions about design, CSS, or skinning here. Use the Help With Skins Forum for those questions.
You can monitor commits to the repository from this page. We also recommend developers to subscribe to email notifications in the developer forum as occasionally important things are announced.
Before posting questions here you might want to review the developer documentation.
Recently after upgrading to 220.127.116.11 and while playing with source code I have faced a weird problem. I checked to make sure this is not something related to my changes in the source code.
Using latest source code package form codeplex, if I modify anything inside markups for example "AdminCountry.aspx", the next time I compile the designer file get crazy by complaining about controls like mojoButton, mojoPanel and… as follow:
Error: The type or namespace name 'mojoCutePager' does not exist in the namespace 'mojoPortal.Web.Editor' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\mojoportal_65c2f63a4749\Web\Admin\AdminCountry.aspx.designer.cs
112 49 mojoPortal.Web
Visual Studio 2010 - .Net 4
Probably something is wrong with references which cause VS to add wrong entry to Designer.cs file.
Any idea how to fix this?
You should not be modifying mojoPortal source code at all.
If you fork the code then you will not be able to upgrade without losing your changes.
Hello Joe and thanks for reply,
I do not plan to upgrade. I am just creating a striped down version of mojo for my personal website. I also check Codeplex regularly and apply all updates to the code manually (critical ones).
But unfortunately I have faced such problem. I have tried different approaches to solve it but with no luck.VS keeps creating wrong reference!
Thanks for the fix
It looks like that this is a confirmed bug in visual studio 2010 which has been reported since RC release and despite a patch it still exist in RTM!
Glad you got my fix from the repository. As it turned out I experienced this same error yesterday which caused me to look into it. Possibly the recent windows update that affects ASP.NET was a factor in this issue since it worked fine until recently.
Thanks Joe,You saved me a full day