Breadcrum bug

This is the place to report bugs and get support. When posting in this forum, please always provide as much detail as possible.

Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum, do not report it as a bug.

This is the place to report bugs and get support

When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:

  • What operating system were you running when the bug appeared?
  • What database platform is your site using?
  • What version of mojoPortal are you running?
  • What version of .NET do you use?
  • What steps are necessary to reproduce the issue? Compare expected results vs actual results.
Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum.
This thread is closed to new posts. You must sign in to post in the forums.
5/19/2010 3:27:01 PM
Jan
Gravatar
Total Posts 11

Breadcrum bug

Hi,

I have 2 multilingual sites (both in dutch and english). I used the method described in http://www.mojoportal.com/Forums/Thread.aspx?pageid=5&mid=34&ItemID=8&thread=2601&pagenumber=1 to configure both websites.

In both websites the default language is dutch (myurl.com with dutch as site1culture) and the second language is english (myurl.com/en with english as site2culture). The only difference is that one site is running on mojoPortal 2.3.3.9 and the other site is running on mojoPortal 2.3.4.3.

The one running on 2.3.3.9 is working fine, the one on 2.3.4.3 has faulty breadcrums on site2.

E.g. I have a page myurl/en/page1.aspx. The link of the breadcrum of this page and its subpages point to myurl/en/en/page1.aspx (with one "/en" too much, wich does not exist) instead of myurl/en/page1.aspx.

The web.config and user.config files of both the working and the faulty website are the same (except for the connectionstring). I thought maybe my custom skin on site2 was faulty but I changed it to one of the default skins (styleshout-refresh) but still my breadcrumbs were faulty.

Any suggestions are welcome. 

5/20/2010 7:02:18 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18444

Re: Breadcrum bug

Hi,

I do see a difference in the breadcrumbs control from version 2.3.3.9 vs 2.3.4.3. Please edit the /Controls/BreadcrumbsContrl.ascx file and change this:

<NodeTemplate>
<asp:HyperLink ID="lnkNode" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# siteRoot + Eval("Url").ToString().Replace("~/", "/") %>' Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' CssClass='<%# CssClass %>' />
</NodeTemplate>
<CurrentNodeTemplate>
<asp:HyperLink ID="lnkCurrent" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# siteRoot + Eval("Url").ToString().Replace("~/", "/") %>' Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' CssClass='<%# CurrentPageCssClass %>' />
</CurrentNodeTemplate>

to this:

<NodeTemplate>
<asp:HyperLink ID="lnkNode" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# Eval("Url") %>' Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' CssClass='<%# CssClass %>' />
</NodeTemplate>
<CurrentNodeTemplate>
<asp:HyperLink ID="lnkCurrent" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# Eval("Url") %>' Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' CssClass='<%# CurrentPageCssClass %>' />
</CurrentNodeTemplate>

I cannot remember why I made that change, I will change it in my copy as well.

Best,

Joe

5/20/2010 2:05:55 PM
Jan
Gravatar
Total Posts 11

Re: Breadcrum bug

Hi Joe,

I can confirm it is working again.
Thanks for the valuable and fast feedback.

Bye,

Jan.

You must sign in to post in the forums. This thread is closed to new posts.