Post here for help with installing or upgrading mojoPortal pre-compiled release packages. When posting in this forum, please provide all relevant details. You may also want to review the installation or upgrading documentation.
If you have questions about using the source code or working with mojoPortal in Visual Studio, please post in the Developer forum.
When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:
You may also want to review the installation or upgrading documentation.
Just updated to the 184.108.40.206 , SQL 2008, Win2k8R2. The setup process ran fine, but since the upgrade I get the following error message anytime someone tries to post to the forum or replies to a post
2010-03-31 08:30:56,702 ERROR mojoPortal.Web.Global - *.*.*.*-en-US - /Forums/EditPost.aspx?thread=30&forumid=1&mid=3&pageid=3&pagenumber=1
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at mojoPortal.Web.ForumUI.ForumPostEdit.btnUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
I have tried re-running the setup and even touching the web.config, but nothing has helped.
Thanks for letting me know. I will fix this asap, as an immediate workaround, change your captcha setting to Subkismet in Site Settings instead of ReCaptcha. This is a pesky Re-Captcha issue that I had solved long ago but seems to have re-emerged.
I've just patched the 220.127.116.11 release to fix this. If you download it again, I think all you need to replaces is mojoPortal.Web.dll, mojoPortal.Features.UI.dll, and mojoPortal.Controls.dll
Copying this files worked like a charm. Thanks for your help Joe.
FYI. It does not appear that the deployment files on the Novell download page have been updated. I download the zip from there about 4PM Eastern and I still got the error message. I then looked at the time stamp on the files and it was from the 30th. I checked CodePlex and saw the deployment files had been uploaded today. So I downloaded those and it fixed the issue I was having.
Thanks for your help Joe.
I still have not updated the Novell Forge site, when I tried this morning it seemed to be down, I will try again.
I do prefer if people download from Codeplex because it helps my numbers in the eyes of Microsoft and ranking on Codeplex.