mp_Sites not found?

Post here for help with installing or upgrading mojoPortal pre-compiled release packages. When posting in this forum, please provide all relevant details. You may also want to review the installation or upgrading documentation.

If you have questions about using the source code or working with mojoPortal in Visual Studio, please post in the Developer forum.

Post here for help with installation of mojoPortal pre-compiled release packages

When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:

  • What operating system were you running when the bug appeared?
  • What database platform is your site using?
  • What version of mojoPortal are you running?
  • What version of .NET do you use?
  • What steps are necessary to reproduce the issue? Compare expected results vs actual results.

You may also want to review the installation or upgrading documentation.

If you have questions about using the source code or working with mojoPortal in Visual Studio, please post in the Developer forum.

This thread is closed to new posts. You must sign in to post in the forums.
11/29/2006 3:39:54 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 22

mp_Sites not found?

I've upload my Mojoportal database to the MySQL database recently provisioned at DiscountASP.net. I can query against it. When I try to access my site (at the alternate URL since the name servers haven't caught up yet), I get the message "#42S02Table 'MYSQLDB_999999.mp_Sites' doesn't exist", yet I can see the table and query the single row in it via SQLyog. Any suggestions on where to look?   

Things work fine on my localhost.

I am using the MySQL.Data.dll data provider and it is in my bin folder.

11/29/2006 6:11:10 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18444

Re: mp_Sites not found?

Hmm,

You're absolutely sure you are hitting the same db and using the same user in the connection string for mojoportal as you are using with SQLyog? If so the only thing I can think of is the user has permission from the remote host (the machine you are connecting with from SQLyog) but doesn't have the same permission when connecting from the web server.
I think it might say table not found rather than a permissions error as this is more secure than acknowledging that the table exists which could provide a hacker with knowledge.

Of course it might also be something I  haven't thought of :-)

Hope it helps,

Joe
11/30/2006 2:24:03 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 22

Re: mp_Sites not found?

It turns out that the database server that I moved to is case sensitive.  I had to "rename" a number of tables by doing some capitalizing.  I never had to do this on my old database server. 

Now I'm getting configuration error on "<add name="mojoRoleProvider" type="mojoPortal.Web.mojoRoleProvider"  />".  Any suggestions on how to fix this one?

 Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error:

Line 176:		<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="mojoRoleProvider">
Line 177:			<providers>
Line 178:				<add name="mojoRoleProvider" type="mojoPortal.Web.mojoRoleProvider"  />
Line 179:			</providers>
Line 180:		</roleManager>

Source File: ***\web.config    Line: 178

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

 


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

 

Well, I commented this section out in the web.config file and continued on capitalizing the table names.  Then I went back and uncommented this stuff.  Have been testing.  All seems ok now.

You must sign in to post in the forums. This thread is closed to new posts.