the blog module needs some improvement and I do plan to work on it in the near future. here's a list of what I have planned.
- we currently capture the category data point but there should be an option to display category links just like the archive links.
- we need a setting to indicate how many archive links and category links to show. I'm realizing this with over a year of blogging now and the archive list is getting too long, needs a more link
- we need notification option (if smtp available) when comments are posted
- we should be able to show or hide syndication, archive, category
- my friend Josh inquired about the metablogapi, I will investigate this when I have time
am I missing anything else essential for a high quality blog? let me know what you think.
now that the Html module has a multi-item mode for articles, news, events, and that kind of thing, there seems to be some overlap with the blog. I'm almost thinking of adding all the features to the Html Content module so you make it a blog just by the settings. This would also bring comments feature to the html module so any content could have a comment feature.