No, I wish I was, I've just been very busy. The project re-organization was a complicated thing and I couldn't afford to be sidetracked into looking into this until I finished it. Thanks for giving this thread a bump to remind me.
After looking into this I agree with you that the module title within the search result link is redundant in the vast majority of cases. So I've changed the default behavior to not include the module title. It can be re-enabled by adding a We.config/user.config setting "ShowModuleTitleInSearchResultLink" and setting it to true.
I've committed this change to svn trunk.