Site administration - Object not found error

Post here for help with installing or upgrading mojoPortal pre-compiled release packages. When posting in this forum, please provide all relevant details. You may also want to review the installation or upgrading documentation.

If you have questions about using the source code or working with mojoPortal in Visual Studio, please post in the Developer forum.

Post here for help with installation of mojoPortal pre-compiled release packages

When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:

  • What operating system were you running when the bug appeared?
  • What database platform is your site using?
  • What version of mojoPortal are you running?
  • What version of .NET do you use?
  • What steps are necessary to reproduce the issue? Compare expected results vs actual results.

You may also want to review the installation or upgrading documentation.

If you have questions about using the source code or working with mojoPortal in Visual Studio, please post in the Developer forum.

This thread is closed to new posts. You must sign in to post in the forums.
8/22/2015 3:02:16 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 55

Site administration - Object not found error

mojoPortal Version 2.4.0.9 MSSQL
Operating System Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0
ASP.NET Info 4.0.30319.34209 Running in Full Trust

On one of the sites in my multi-site installation, attempting to use the Site Settings screen, I get an Object not found error.  This is the entry in the system log:

2015-08-22 12:33:12,849 ERROR 82.40.9.29 - en-GB - /Admin/SiteSettings.aspx - mojoPortal.Web.Global -  Referrer(http://www.odquiz.org.uk/Admin/AdminMenu.aspx) useragent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at mojoPortal.Web.AdminUI.SiteSettingsPage.LoadSettings()
   at mojoPortal.Web.AdminUI.SiteSettingsPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at mojoPortal.Web.mojoBasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

The site uses the Mitchison-business3 skin, and I have compared the files with the version in the extraskins.zip download, and they appear to be the same.

Other sites using different skins work fine.

Any idea what may be the problem?

UPDATE:

It is not just the one site, it appears to be all within the multi-site

Further Update:

​Commenting out the section I added to user.config to force en-GB fixes the problem.  The section was as follows:


<!--
<add key="UseCultureOverride" value="true" />
 <add key="site1culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site1uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site2culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site2uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site4culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site4uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site5culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site5uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site6culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site6uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site7culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site7uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site9culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site9uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site13culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site13uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site15culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site15uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site16culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site16uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site18culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site18uiculture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site19culture" value="en-GB" />
 <add key="site19uiculture" value="en-GB" />
  <add key="DefaultCountry" value="GB" />
   -->
 

8/23/2015 12:20:48 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18444

Re: Site administration - Object not found error

I am not able to reproduce this problem.

Do make sure that you have not changed this in Web.config because doing so could result in null reference exceptions:

<globalization culture="auto:en-US" uiCulture="auto:en-US" requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" fileEncoding="iso-8859-15" />

you should be able to force a language in user.config without changing the above in Web.config. The above makes it fallback to en-US in the case where there are missing keys in the resource files for en-GB (or any other language), otherwise the missing keys would cause null reference exceptions. most of our translations are incomplete and would cause null reference exceptions without this.

You must sign in to post in the forums. This thread is closed to new posts.