It has worked fine, these were the steps:
- Downloaded the "Full Package" from http://ckeditor.com/download
- Unzipped, and renamed the subfolder "ckeditor" to "ckeditor453"
- Copied the "mojofiledrop" folder from the \ckeditor446\plugins folder in my existing site into the plugins folder of the new version.
- The following plugins were not included in the full download, but were needed so I included them into my new plugins folder:
- dialogue http://ckeditor.com/addon/dialogui
- lineutils http://ckeditor.com/addon/lineutils
- oembed http://ckeditor.com/addon/oembed
- widget http://ckeditor.com/addon/widget
- Added this setting in user.config: <add key="CKEditor:BasePath" value="~/ClientScript/ckeditor453/" /> and touched web.config.
Yay it works, and switching to "source" view now works in the new Edge browser. I have not fully tested the editor, but the main tools work.
To save others some clicks, I've uploaded the final \ckeditor453 folder here (no guarantees mind!) http://flowerbunch.org/data/sites/1/media/misc/ckeditor453.zip
You should be able to unzip that directly into \ClientScript then set the BasePath and off you go (noting that CKEditor upgrades sometimes cause issues, and the older your existing version the more likely this is; I was upgrading from CKEditor 4.4.6). Any previously installed extra plugins will need to be added.