Bug with search control in 2.4.0.3

This is the place to report bugs and get support. When posting in this forum, please always provide as much detail as possible.

Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum, do not report it as a bug.

This is the place to report bugs and get support

When posting in this forum, please try to provide as many relevant details as possible. Particularly the following:

  • What operating system were you running when the bug appeared?
  • What database platform is your site using?
  • What version of mojoPortal are you running?
  • What version of .NET do you use?
  • What steps are necessary to reproduce the issue? Compare expected results vs actual results.
Please do not report problems with a custom build or custom code in this forum. If you are producing your own build from the source code and have problems or questions, ask in the developer forum.
This thread is closed to new posts. You must sign in to post in the forums.
5/15/2014 5:33:07 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Bug with search control in 2.4.0.3

Hi Joe,

After implementing IIndexableContent for a custom feature I noticed the following behaviour.

  • Windows 8.1
  • SQL 2012
  • 2.4.0.3
  • .NET 4.5

Scenario 1:

  1. Place a search control on a page and set it to only return the results from my custom feature
  2. With 'Show search results instead of redirect to search page' checked
  3. The control works correctly

Scenario 2:

  1. Place a search control on a page and set it to only return the results from my custom feature
  2. With 'Show search results instead of redirect to search page' unchecked, so the results appear on the SearchResults.aspx page
  3. The results are different because it searches all features, rather than just the one selected

Cheers,

Steve

5/20/2014 3:51:00 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 18444

Re: Bug with search control in 2.4.0.3

Hi Steve,

The feature selector for the search module was only intended for use when showing the results directly in the page. The search results page can only show either all results or results for one feature at a time because it only expects one feature guid parameter, so multiple features selected in the module will never work with the redirect. But I did fix it so that it will use the first feature in the selected list and pass that feature guid to the search results page so it will be able to work that way if only 1 feature is selected. This is in the source code repository now so it will be in the next release. I've also updated the help link in the settings to clarify that limitation.

Thanks,

Joe

You must sign in to post in the forums. This thread is closed to new posts.