Release 20050625, minor bugfix and workarounds under mono 1.1.8.x

I just released a new set of files to address several problems reported in mojoPortal under mono 1.1.8

None of these problems exist in mono 1.1.7 and also not  in Windows .NET.

It seems that mono has become case sensitive in the attribute declaration of a DataGrid TemplateColumn, if I change it to
ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" it works but ITEMSTYLE-HORIZONTALALIGN="Center" causes an error
I have reported this problem on bugzilla with a test case http://bugzilla.ximian.com/show_bug.cgi?id=75379

There was a  problem with the SiteMenu with some of the properties I had forgot to create public getters and setters for
SubMenuCssClass="" in the markup raised an error because there was no public property SubMenuCssClass, only a private property subMenuCssClass
This was a problem in my code because my intention was to expose that publicly but I forgot.
But it is also a problem in the mono code because it should gracefully ignore any attribute settings for which it cannot find a public property as it did in 1.1.7 and as it does on Windows .NET.
I have fixed this in mojoPortal but have not reported to bugzilla as I'm not sure of an easy test case I can create and not motivated to put time into it since I have a workaround that solves my problem.

Several users have reported a strange problem where a 0 is displayed at the end of every blog post or html content entry. I have not been able to reproduce it on my end but I don't have any machines with the release version of mono 1.1.8. I have a test machine with the very latest mono code from svn, 1.1.8 rev 46493 and it does not happen for me.

I have also seen problems with images not displaying and stylesheets getting lost on page refresh on some users sites that are running 1.1.8.x release, but I think they are also running apache 1.3 which may be a factor in the problem because I can't reproduce it on apache 2.

My advice if you are running mono 1.1.7, stay with it for now as it is very stable and 1.1.8 seems a bit rough around the edges.

Comments

unknown

re: Release 20050625, minor bugfix and workarounds under mono 1.1.8.x

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:30:03 AM

We're developing a web app on Mono and we are using the excellent FCKeditor, but since we updated to mono 1.8.X, the editor downgrades to a textbox when using IE. I noticed in your blogs that you had encountered the same problem when moving to mono 1.1.3. I was wondering if you had any tips on how to solve the problem.

thanks.

Jerome Thibaudeau

Joe

re: Release 20050625, minor bugfix and workarounds under mono 1.1.8.x

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:51:48 AM
In the .NET wrapper for FCK in FCKeditor.cs there is a function CheckBrowserCompatibility

I had to change the first if statement from
if (oBrowser.Browser == "IE" && ( oBrowser.MajorVersion >= 6 || ( oBrowser.MajorVersion == 5 && oBrowser.MinorVersion >= 5 ) ) && oBrowser.Win32)

to if (oBrowser.javascript)

and that solved it for me.

Hope it helps.

Joe
unknown

re: Release 20050625, minor bugfix and workarounds under mono 1.1.8.x

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:11:53 AM

That was it.

Thanks a million.

Comments are closed on this post.