People often ask me how mojoPortal compares to DotNetNuke, I've responded with my opinions here a while back, but for a long time I've wanted to do some actual load test comparisons between mojoPortal and DotNetNuke. I've always thought the performance of mojoPortal was good and a number of people have told me mojoPortal is faster and uses less resources than DotNetNuke but I haven't been using DNN myself for any real sites so I still wondered in the back of my mind how mojoPortal would stack up in actual tests.
I've been load testing mojoPortal recently to test whether caching would improve performance and to make sure it didn't use too much memory. So this morning I decided to download and setup the latest 4.3.4 version of DotNetNuke and try some testing. I realize I'm not a neutral party so I would say if you have any doubts try some tests yourself, but I tried to make the tests as comparable as possible and tried to get the best performance I could out of both. I created the same number of pages and the same content in each site. You can see the results I posted in this forum thread.
I should note that this was with my version from svn/branches/joesandbox2 not from the current release files. I have made some improvements recently by caching the SiteSettings (thanks to a suggestion from Bo Rey) and tweaking the module cache feature that already exists in mojoPortal and hope to make a release with these improvements soon. Hopefully tomorrow I will update this site with the latest code so we can test in the real world a bit before the release.
Saturday, September 2, 2006 3:32:21 PM