I'm happy to announce the release of mojoPortal 184.108.40.206, available now on the download page.
In addition to bug fixes for things reported in the Forums since the last release, highlights of this release are as follows:
- Upgrade to FCKeditor 2.6.4 which includes a new spelling checker that works out of the box, a long wished for feature.
- A new set of translation files for Danish language thanks to Kurt Greve
- Blog improvements, an option whether to hide the URL input for comments and an option to require users to authenticate in order to post comments.
- New sorting levels for products and offers in WebStore to allow better control over sorting on the product list.
- A new CountryStateSetting control. I needed this for an improvement to Event Calendar Pro in order to specify a default country and state for ticket orders, but I built it into the core so it can be re-used in other features.
Note that the spell checker uses a free ad supported web service. Its very useful but you probably would not want to use this if your web page contains top secret content. It can be disabled from a configuration file for that kind of scenario but I think most users will be glad to have this. It is also possible to purchase a paid account with no ads or a version that can run on your own server, though I'm not sure what the integration steps are for those scenarios.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:57:09 AM