Its been a couple of months since we had a release but I think things are coming into place for a new release to happen within the next week or so.
Highlights of the coming release will be
- Support for LDAP authentication thanks to code contributed by TJ Fontaine
- Option to use a User ID for login instead of email
- New Forum Notification Subscription features and ability to delete threads and forums contributed by Dean Brettle
- A new module that lets you include html fragments from external files in a page
- The DatePicker and SmartCombo controls have been split into a separate assembly mojoPortal.Web.Controls.dll so they can be used easily in other projects
- Features for the Admin to update user names and delete users or flag users as deleted
- Various bug fixes
I'm thinking of a new versioning scheme, the previous versions were in the date format 20050912 which makes it easy to tell if you have the newest version but gives no idea how mature the project is. I think since we have passed the 1 year of development mark it is good to be able to know that from the version so the next version will be 1.2005xxxx to indicate the date of release and the number of years since the first release. Each year this will increment.
I'd like to thank Jasmin Savard for the new graphic depicting mojoPortal as boxed software.
I've posted a few things of interest lately on my personal site. Here is some information on the difference between VS 2003 and VS 2005 Web Projects and here is a new tutorial for installing Suse 10. It is the first in a series, the next one will show how to build mono from source code and the one after that will show how to install mojoPortal and configure Virtual Hosts in apache for using mod_mono.
Sunday, December 4, 2005 6:04:34 AM