Mono 2.2 Release preliminary testing

mojoPortal is no longer supported on mono. This forum is here for archival purposes.

This thread is closed to new posts. You must sign in to post in the forums.
1/15/2009 3:10:15 PM
Total Posts 18439

Mono 2.2 Release preliminary testing

I finally got around to testing the Mono 2.2 release, I've been testing Mono by building from svn all along. I recently upgraded my linux machine to openSuse 11.1, but unfortuantely I could not get VMWare server running correctly again after that. So finally I just installed the VMWare player on my Vista box and got the new 2.2 vmware image. Nice that it has mojoPortal already running on it! Seems to work pretty well with brief testing.

So I went ahead and setup a separate installation of mojoPortal release files and that works decent too in initial testing except for a problem anywhere we are using an ajax UpdatePanel, like adding a feature to a page or adding categories in a blog post. The correct action occurs, that is the feature is added to the page or the blog category is created but the UI is not updated to reflect it and it logs errors. The problem doesn't happen using the version of mojoPortal (available from YaST), but the difference is it uses the 1.0 version of System.Web.Extensions whereas the version of mojoportal uses the 3.5 version. So apparently there are some issue with the 3.5 implementation of ajax in Mono. These errors are a nuisance but it is useable.

Nice that the VMWare image already has svn installed so I was als able to get the latest mojoportal from svn working, but of course the sameissues with the UpdatePanel exist.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my results with my fellow Mono enthusiasts.



You must sign in to post in the forums. This thread is closed to new posts.