Mobile menu is not including drop-down sub-menu items

A place for discussion about skinning and design. Before posting questions here you should review the documentation about creating skins.

8/23/2017 10:13:30 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 8

Mobile menu is not including drop-down sub-menu items

Anyone know why when I change screen size and get the mobile menu bars and expand, the menu items with DDL sub menus are not expanding or shown?  I am using the latest bootstrap framework skin.

Thanks,

Mike

8/23/2017 1:55:44 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 181
Community Expert

mojoPortal Hosting & Design @ i7MEDIA!

Re: Mobile menu is not including drop-down sub-menu items

Mike,

I just tested this on framework and don't notice a problem. Can you provide us with a bit more information? Do you have a live site we can take a look at to reproduce the bug? What browser(s) have you noticed the bug on?

Thanks

8/23/2017 2:55:58 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 8

Thanks Isaac...It is happening in both IE and Chrome.  I had some menu challenges after publishing site to the server in Azure as it was only showing Portal:SiteMenu as a vertical list at the top & site title was H1. To fix, I added include standard classes attribute in the Theme.skin which fixed the issue.

<portal:SiteTitle runat="server" SkinId="navbar-brand"
    UseLink="false"
    UseElement="false"
    IncludeStandardClasses="false"
/>

Here is the test site in Azure:

http://worldpeacemojo.azurewebsites.net/home 

Mike

8/24/2017 9:01:42 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 181
Community Expert

Mike,

I'm not sure yet why the styling isn't working, but I noticed that you set the pages with drop downs to be unclickable on their page settings - this prevents the JS that would normally show the submenu from firing.

Thanks

8/24/2017 10:40:26 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 181
Community Expert

Mike,

I also noticed that the usual <span class="caret navbar-toggle sub-arrow"></span> isn't showing up inside the link of each item with submenus. This suggests to me that there is a script error, or else that the JS that handles the submenu has been removed. Have you edited the script in your skin at all?

Thanks

8/24/2017 4:42:17 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 8

Isaac...Do you know if there is a way to create a top level menu that is not a page so I can remove the un-clickable page?  Also, I have not edited the skin but will look into the caret CSS.

Thanks,

Mike