This is a place to discuss how to adapt mojoPortal to the needs of different cultures. Before asking questions here please first review the localization documentation.
I am glad to see that a new release is available and a new team is committed to keep working on the project.
Up to version 188.8.131.52, as a mojoPortal partner, we worked on the Italian translation of any new releases and we used to send the changed resource files to Joe Audette (App_GlobalResources and Data\MessageTemplates). Joe Audette made them available to everyone in the subsequent mojoPortal release (and they were also immediately available for download from our site).
In the light of your new initiative we are now evaluating whether mojoPortal can still be considered the reference CMS platform for our web installations and, if so, whether it is still worth our while to keep working on the Italian translation updates.
I have noticed that 184.108.40.206 release comes without any embedded non US language resources (Italian was one of the few embedded languages) and the old repository hosting the additional "language packs" seems to be no longer available.
What are your intentions regarding this topic ?
I have also noticed that all objects included in the .zip file have the timestamp of the release date and not the original last update; this makes it impossible for us to understand which resource files have been changed since the previous release (our Italian translation resources are available up to 220.127.116.11 release and Form wizard Pro 18.104.22.168).
I look forward to hearing from you about this matter.
First, thank you for your support of mojoPortal and your commitment to the translation of the project to the Italian language.
We didn't do a very good job of noting this but we created a new repository on GitHub for languages other than en-US. I'm sorry we didn't make an announcement about this.
For quite a while now the only language included with the release packages other than English has been Italian because, thanks to you, it was the most complete translation. As this release was our first we evaluated a lot of different options for how best to release the files going forward. With regard to the .resx files, we wanted to cut down the amount of time mojo sites took for the JIT compilation so we pulled the Italian .resx files from the release and put them in our new language repo. For the other translatable files (Message Templates and Help Files), we felt that the number of files included in the releases was overwhelming. The number of non-resx language files included in a release was 1,790. So many people have to manage their site files using FTP and that many files can take a very long time to upload.
As for the date stamps on the files, that was unintentional and we'll try not to have that happen again.
The new languages repo has all of the language files for mojoPortal for every language that has ever been supported. There are currently three folders in the root of the repo, Core, Features, and Webstore. Inside each of these folders are two folders, App_GlobalResources and Data. It's a good structure for keeping things separated but it's not such a great structure to allow for easily downloading a single language, I'm realizing that now. We'll work on a different structure, possibly putting all files for each language in it's own folder.
We are committed to mojoPortal being a well-translated project and we hope you will continue contributing to the Italian language resources. I'll run a quick comparison of the English language files we have in 2.5 to what was available in 22.214.171.124 to see what's changed and update this thread with those changes.
I've rearranged the structure of the Language Repo so it will be easier for people to get the files they need for their language.
The changes to the .RESX files since 126.96.36.199 are:
Thank you, again, for helping with the Italian Resources. If you have a github account, I'll give you commit access to the language repo so you can easily updated those files.