I don't want to be dismissive but there are literally thousands of sites running mojoPortal and email works fine on those, there isn't a code problem.
Please share the following information so I can help you troubleshoot the problem.
- Version of mojoPortal, including .NET version.
- Values for the following keys in your user.config (if they aren't in your user.config, copy them from your web.config to the user.config). I know you provided this information previously but not as key/value pairs and I just want to double-check that things are in the right place. The values shown below are the defaults.
- <add key="SMTPServer" value="localhost" />
- <add key="SMTPRequiresAuthentication" value="false" />
- <add key="SMTPPort" value="25" />
- <add key="SMTPUseSsl" value="false" />
- <add key="EnableSiteSettingsSmtpSettings" value="false" />