There isn't an option to allow an editor for a page to be able to change the security on the pages he can edit. I can log this a feature request though I'm not sure when or if it will happen.
Something you could do is use the Multiple Sites feature to create a separate mojoPortal site within your existing installation for IT Staff. If I were building this out I would probably do this:
- Enable Multiple Sites with Folder Names
- Enable Related Sites Mode
- Create a site for 'IT Staff'
- Create an 'IT Staff' role and assign it the 'Site Editor' permission on the 'IT Staff' site.
- Set the 'Default root level page view roles' on the 'IT Staff' site to be the 'IT Staff' role instead of 'All Users'.
This gives you the greatest amount of flexibility with regard to permissions on separate areas of the 'site' as a whole.