One Set of CSS for Multiple Skins

A place for discussion about skinning and design. Before posting questions here you should review the documentation about creating skins.

6/29/2014 9:15:49 AM
ABM
Gravatar
Total Posts 34

One Set of CSS for Multiple Skins

First of all, I'd like to say I have learned a lot using MojoPortal. I think it's a great product because I was able to get my site up and running knowing very little CSS. As I've gained experience, I have been able to do more with my sites using MojoPortal. Thanks, Joe!

No on to my issue. I have a working skin and want to derive multiple skins from a shared base as described in the section "One Set of CSS for Multiple Skins" at https://www.mojoportal.com/understanding-the-styleconfig-file.aspx. As I said, I started with a working site/skin. After moving the files to a new skin directory under /Data/style, I get my site with no styles in Firefox but it works fine in both IE and Chrome. I can revert the site back to the previous way with all the files in the site/[x]/skins directory and it works fine. I have CSS caching off. When I look at my site using Firebug, it seems the css files are not loaded. Anyone else try this successfully? Thanks in advance.

6/18/2020 10:48:19 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 211
Community Expert

mojoPortal Hosting & Design @ i7MEDIA!

Re: One Set of CSS for Multiple Skins

My best guess is that there is a typo/invalid character in the top of your CSS file which was preventing Firefox from loading anything beneath it. I know it's been a long time since this was posted, but if you still need help debugging this let us know.