This forum is only for questions or discussions about working with the mojoPortal source code in Visual Studio, obtaining the source code from the repository, developing custom features, etc. If your question is not along these lines this is not the right forum. Please try to post your question in the appropriate forum.
Please do not post questions about design, CSS, or skinning here. Use the Help With Skins Forum for those questions.
You can monitor commits to the repository from this page. We also recommend developers to subscribe to email notifications in the developer forum as occasionally important things are announced.
Before posting questions here you might want to review the developer documentation.
I have a feature which gets installed and works perfectly on localhost.
However, when i try to Setup the same feature on a IIS6 server, supposedly it installs (it shows as installed on the administrator) but if i added the feature to a page, that page keeps loading until time out and i don't get any error.
The only clue that i have is the log message from the setup:
2013-09-16 14:17:30,546 INFO (null) - (null) - (null) - mojoPortal.Web.Global - .
2013-09-16 14:17:30,968 ERROR *IP*- pt-PT - /Setup/ - mojoPortal.Web.ContentFeature - could not install feature FeatureName. Invalid ControlSource Setting
2013-09-16 14:17:31,000 ERROR *IP* - pt-PT - /Setup/ - mojoPortal.Web.ContentFeature - could not install feature FeatureName. Invalid ControlSource Setting
2013-09-16 14:17:31,109 ERROR *IP* - pt-PT - /Setup/ - mojoPortal.Web.ContentFeature - could not install feature FeatureName. Invalid ControlSource Setting
But i have the same message on localhost and it works...
Any help would be great.
Did you deploy your .ascx file? Invalid Control source means it cannot find the file
Does it have code behind? Did you deploy the dll?
Hi there Joe,
Thanks for the tips.
I deployed both the .ascx and the DLL. They are in the correct folders. And the setup runs the mssql scripts and installs the feature. The problem is just when i add the feature to a page that the page keeps loading...
On my localhost i also have the same error on the log but the control loads just fine.
Any other hints?
I just debugged on localhost and noticed that the messages were from another feature. I corrected it and now i don't have any errors (the feature is installed) but when i added to a page ik goes into timeout...
So i am guessing it should be something on my .cs and not within Mojo itself...
It turns out the problem was in the SP call parameter count.
SqlParameterHelper sph = new SqlParameterHelper(ConnectionString.GetReadConnectionString(), "ccv_SelectAll", 1);
I have a number 1 there, but the SP has 2 parameters. In my machine every thing works great.
In release on the online server, the page kept loading without errors and ending with timeout. Eventually i was able to get an "Application Popup" message on the system with the parameter count error. It only showed 2 or 3 times in a few hours accessing it...
Thanks for the help anw.