I just released a new set of files to address several problems reported in mojoPortal under mono 1.1.8
None of these problems exist in mono 1.1.7 and also not in Windows .NET.
It seems that mono has become case sensitive in the attribute declaration of a DataGrid TemplateColumn, if I change it to
ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" it works but ITEMSTYLE-HORIZONTALALIGN="Center" causes an error
I have reported this problem on bugzilla with a test case http://bugzilla.ximian.com/show_bug.cgi?id=75379
There was a problem with the SiteMenu with some of the properties I had forgot to create public getters and setters for
SubMenuCssClass="" in the markup raised an error because there was no public property SubMenuCssClass, only a private property subMenuCssClass
This was a problem in my code because my intention was to expose that publicly but I forgot.
But it is also a problem in the mono code because it should gracefully ignore any attribute settings for which it cannot find a public property as it did in 1.1.7 and as it does on Windows .NET.
I have fixed this in mojoPortal but have not reported to bugzilla as I'm not sure of an easy test case I can create and not motivated to put time into it since I have a workaround that solves my problem.
Several users have reported a strange problem where a 0 is displayed at the end of every blog post or html content entry. I have not been able to reproduce it on my end but I don't have any machines with the release version of mono 1.1.8. I have a test machine with the very latest mono code from svn, 1.1.8 rev 46493 and it does not happen for me.
I have also seen problems with images not displaying and stylesheets getting lost on page refresh on some users sites that are running 1.1.8.x release, but I think they are also running apache 1.3 which may be a factor in the problem because I can't reproduce it on apache 2.
My advice if you are running mono 1.1.7, stay with it for now as it is very stable and 1.1.8 seems a bit rough around the edges.
Saturday, June 25, 2005 8:31:51 AM
I just made a new release that includes the cool new SmartDropdown I mentioned in my previous posts. I don't normally make a new release only 2 days after the previous release but this feature did not require any changes to the structure of the database so its an easy upgrade from 20050618. As always be sure and back up both your web site and your db if you are using the site. Update all the web files. If upgrading from previous versions run the appropriate upgrade scripts first and if using MS SQL or PostgreSQL run the stored procedure script again to update all the procedures. Of course if you are fairly new to mojoPortal a clean install of the latest version is the easy way to go.
I also wanted to go ahead and roll out this feature because the next things I'm going to work on are fairly significant features and I didn't want to delay the current feature too long.
Next on my list are Site Search which I'm going to try and implement with Lucene.NET and logging which I plan to implement with Log4Net
Woa! I just went to the Lucene.NET site to get the link for this post and it says they have stopped open source development. Looks like they've gone commercial. Wonder if I can use the version of Lucene.NET I already have in mojoPortal without getting into any trouble? I hadn't been to the site in a while, looks like they made the decision last September.
Any license gurus out there? If they previously released it under Apache License, Version 2.0 can I continue to use that version in mojoPortal or can they retroactively change the license? I could use some advice before I invest my time trying to get it working.
Update: Thanks Michel, I was confused, it is DotLucene that I planned to use all along and it is still open source. I went to the the Lucene.NET page by accident and got confused.
Monday, June 20, 2005 3:39:05 PM
I just commited the new feature to svn that allows you to give a single user edit permission on any module without creating a special role. If you need to give more than 1 user permission on a module, you should use a role. The new feature utilizes a SmartDropDown control that I implemented using Sarissa for the Ajax magic. You can start typing a user name or email into the dropdown and the dropdown will suggest matching users from the database. You can either click or arrow down to select the user.
The feature is particularly useful if you want to give a user a blog in your site without creating a new role just for that user. It does work with any module though, not just blogs.
I will probably make another release with this feature in a day or so.
If you are using MS SQL or PostgreSQL, you will need to run the stored procedure script.
Sunday, June 19, 2005 4:08:12 PM
A new release is available on the download page. This version includes the new Friendly Url Mapper, Blog Category and Calendar Navigation and other micellaneous improvements.
As always, if you have any problems please post in the forums.
Saturday, June 18, 2005 11:48:32 AM
I just commited the Blog calendar navigation feature to svn. I also added some new module settings to the upgrade script. One of the settings is whether to show or hide the calendar in the blog.
This will also be in the next release.
Coming next Category Navigation for the blog.
Sunday, June 05, 2005 12:45:03 PM